Like all engineering projects, bridges are characterised by custom designs and often very specific requirements. Besides functionality, aspects such as adapting to local circumstances or, in many cases, non-standard solutions, must be considered. Further aspects include:
- Long spans and hence high individual loads
- Steel or concrete structures
- In some cases complex and demanding superstructure geometries
- Steel-concrete composite construction for some bridge decks
- Changes of gradient, variable radii and varying cross-sections are all common
- Flexible solutions are needed for carrying and transferring heavy loads at diverse heights
Our products and solutions are tailored exactly to your needs. You can count on our many years of experience in providing advice and solutions.